A post from The Church of the Customer is a great reminder of things to remember when writing a thank-you note, especially when representing your company to a prospective or current client. You shouldn't have to tell people to make sure they spell the person's name correctly, but I learned a long time ago my internal spell-check is not published by Webster and I really should double check anything I think is spelled correctly, especially when I'm not writing in Word.
I have a reminder that goes off each Monday at 8:30am. The reminder says "Write a Thank You Note". I work in a large building, housing several hundred employees during our peak rush season. A large portion of the building is our warehouse, with conveyor belts whirring and totes strolling their merry way to the shipping stations. Within this large building, I work in an open configuration of desks and cubes in a fairly quiet area. Fairly quiet, that is, when the door to the room is closed. That door maintains the balance between concentration-enhancing white noise and a cacophony of heavy steps on concrete, snippets of conversation and the buzz of machinery. Maybe because my desk is closest to that door, or perhaps because I have the concentration of a gnat while I'm procrastinating, but my productivity drops to sloth-like levels when the door is left open by unaware (or less distraction-prone) co-workers. Many times have I looked at the door left ajar, will...
Comments